Pedanandipadu village has esteemable history. It had been the Head quarter for Pedanandipadu Firka (A Revenue Sub-Division) from around 1715AD to 1938AD. Going back into the history it is known that Pedanandipadu village was given to Sri Gurraju by Sri Goparaju Ramanna, the Prime Minister of the great king Ganapathi. Going back into the history it is known that Pedanandipadu village was given to Sri Gurraju by Sri Goparaju Ramanna, the Prime Minister of the great king Ganapathi. Going back into the history it is known that Pedanandipadu village was given to Sri Gurraju by Sri Goparaju Ramanna, the Prime Minister of the great king Ganapathi.
By 1753AD itself Pedanandipadu village had 8 Tanks (Cheruvulu) they are
1. Voora Cheruvu
2. Nootivari Cheruvu
3. Thummala Vari Cheruvu
4. Garikapati Vari Cheruvu
5. Sankavari Cheruvu
6. Lavu Vari Cheruvu and etc..
Pedanandipadu village always stood in the forefront in the “Indian Independence movement”.
Under the great leader ship of Sri Parvataneni Veeraiah Choudary the “Tax Resistance movement” (Pannula Nirakarana Udyamam) was started Pedanandipadu village as and when it was started in Bardoli. Mahatma Gandhi visited Pedanandipadu on 17.04.1929. Pedanandipadu took a Pivotal Role even in Khadhi fund collection. Pedanandipadu stood “Second Place” next to Guntur town in Khadi fund collection.
Smt. Dasari Maha Lakshamamma Garu donated all her Jewelry, she wore at that time, donated to Khadhi Fund. Pedanandipadu took a remarkable role even in “Salt March”.
Sri. Lavu Ankamma Garu and his followers were arrested at Chirala Harbor when they started producing salt as the part of famous Dandi Salt March.
Many eminent people hail from Pedanandipadu The prominent people among them are Sri Parvathaneni Veeraiah Choudary, Commrade Sri kolla Venkayya (MP), Sri Lavu (Vignan) Rathaiah, Justice Sri Lavu Nageswara Rao (Supreme Court Judge) and others.
A great number of people from Pedanandipadu, went abroad, and many other settled as famous Doctors, Academicians, Lawyers, Engineers and Iindustrialists in great positions all over India.
Sri Karanam Chinnayya Garu, committee member took initiative to start English Medium Elementary School in 1917 with Five Students. He established "Vidyabhi Vardhini Sangham" to promote education in Pedanandipadu and collected 17 acres of land for it. In 1924 the committee merged the middle school in District Board. In 1968 Pedanandipadu Arts and Science College was established under the able leadership of Justice Tella Krishnamma Choudary. Post Graduate courses were started in 1986.
LM High School was started in 1974 and Srinivasa English Medium school was started in 1987 followed by Ashoka High school, Prathibha junior college, Chirala English Medium School and urdu school.
|1924||Agricultural cooperative society|
|1967||Bank of Baroda Branch (First bank in Pedanandipadu)|
|1976||Pedanandipadu Branch Library|
|1985||Pedanandipadu MRO Office etc..|
|1947-1951||Sri Madala Sri Ramulu|
|1953-1955||Sri Madala Venkaiah|
|1956-1959||Sri Nuthi Seshaiah|
|1959-1964||Sri Lavu Ankamma Choudary|
|1964-1987||Sri Nannapaneni Chalamaiah(4 terms)|
|1988-1995||Sri Lavu Adiseshaiah|
|1996-2001||Sri Shaik Dawood|
|2001-2006||Sri Narra Bala Venkata Rama Krishna|
|2006-2009||Smt Lavu Kamalamma|
|2009-2013||DHULPALLIA RAJYA LAKSHMI|
|2013-present||KOLAGANI KOTESWARA RAO|